Monday, October 27, 2008

Shopping spree...


Yet another shopping trip. Being a girl, I believe its my birthright to shop at any chance that I get :) and I never miss that. The outcome would be buying loads of unnecessary things which are actually not required at all but who cares! Like all good things this also comes with its disadvantages and specially for a lazy bones person like me - man why the hell do we have so huge malls !! Till date I have never visited all the stores in a mall, just don't have that much energy and another bad thing of US malls is you don't get our regular indian snacks while shopping - the chaat and the masala corn... i miss these a lot.

But I had two different experiences this time which I would like to share. There was a crowded store with me standing in a long billing queue behind a beautiful lady. Now here comes another old lady running with a hell broke down look on her face. She frowns and is all tensed up with an SMS that she has received just now. With all the drama going on right in front me, now my ears were all curious to know the matter. As per my understanding their concern was - the youngest daughter of the family just now got married and has sent a message - Just Married !!. After 5 mins or less of discussion they became normal. Oops this can definitely happen in US only, had it been in India there would have been a hell lot of melodrama with everyone around sympathizing and the family will remain in shock for their entire lifetime. The gossip talks will go on and on, with each person adding their own seasoning to it.

Another sweet incident that happened was while I was searching for my size (its always difficult task to do this) in a store. I saw a very old couple standing besides me. The lady was blind, holding a stick in one hand and the man's hand in other. She asked if she could touch what he is taking for her. He gave her the shirt, she starting feeling the fabric and asked "what color is it? ". The man replied - "there's blue , black and red, but dear we'll buy whatever you like." Prompt came a soft reply "I prefer blue" and a there came a beautiful content smile on her face which was contagious to me too...

3 comments:

Shanks_P said...

Ha ha ha
Gals and shopping...we can't help
but there are lot of guys who have the shopping spree where they don't want anything but they will buy everthing ....
The smile is really contageous..it did spread to my face also ....

Anonymous said...

SUBERP........
U write as sweet as u r ...

Quote "while I was searching for my size (its always difficult task to do this) in a store." Unquote... btw size milli kya? did the store hv an extended size section ,wink!

Keep blogging ...god bless!

Dreamer said...

Superman,
thanks and FYI-I was searching for XS & not XXL :)