Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Lost"


It’s been almost four yrs that I am working in this so called “Corporate World” but have never felt so helpless. I remember someone had told me in my initial few months that in professional life there are no friends; I was never convinced by this statement. Later on I concluded that I was correct because it was here that I got the best of friends, had loads of fun and above all learnt a lot. All those people are no longer around me, they are scattered all over but just not near me. So now I am in an alien world, where I just know the correct names of the people around me and I guess that’s all!!

From past few days I am getting more and more lost and misplaced in this crowd. Can’t judge who’s genuine and who’s fake. Don’t know what to speak and what not to in front of each of them. Seems like everyone around is wearing a beautiful mask so then how am I supposed to judge whose the smiling devil here!!. I believe they all might have been straight some day and some or the other experience made them this way, but I am still in no mood to compromise. So having a literally rocking time these days :)

For more than two decades I was taught – to be polite and a good listener to your elders; actions speak louder than words so do your work; always put in your 100% and never step on anyone else to move ahead. And now on the contrary I am being taught - the baby who cries the most gets the most, so yell; project your work even if it’s meaningless; never trust anyone and stab one another whenever you get a chance.

I guess I learnt the former lesson too hard so overwriting is difficult and as a result I am confused, irritated and definitely lost! And all this is visible in my behavior because I still haven’t learnt the art of pretending :(.

5 comments:

Shanks_P said...

I prefer the title 'Found' rather than lost as you hav found yourself in a lost crowd. There would be invidual goals which make ppl wear mask and too many make them juggle it around. If you cannot pretend in your life, you are gifted ...listen to ur heart, decisions just filters down to yes/no and your insticnt would be the best to follow ....
Hang in there yaar, its just a big curve, not a dead end

Anonymous said...

Jasbadi blog.... see i found u .... whenever one is lost ... then he or she is always found. keep bloggin... love:Superman!

Rivas said...

Its a most intriguing problem you have found yourself in. I will tell you what I do in such situations. Since I, myself am a person devoid of ambition of any kind, I usually solve other people's problem for a cup of tea, a piece of cake or even a mug of beer.The clamor of the rat race never gets to me because I would be busy doing something I like. Eating.

But here's a general tip which you may or may not take: Working for success or money is a tedious task. Totally unsatisfying. Try doing the task because you are genuinely interested in it or because it will help you grow in your work. Its a more satisfying feeling to compete with yourself and lose rather than a jerk who sits 2 cubicles away drinking his coffee and smooth talking his boss.

Dreamer said...

Rivas,
Thanks you tip helped :)

Unknown said...

Every experience in life teaches us something and makes us stronger to face the new challenges.
There are always frnds around u but u just need to look carefully..